College Application and Recommendation Letter Process
Going to College? Start your engines!
- Look at university websites; find out their requirements, due dates & visit the campus either live or virtually.
- Watch for emails and look on Naviance for College Rep Visits from individual colleges
- Go to class and keep up your grades (SENIORITIS is a very contagious and dangerous disease!)
- Look at the university application for process and dates
- Attend Senior Night at Mira Loma in August/September
- Attend a Lunch Time Letter of Recommendation Workshop IF you need a letter of recommendation
- Ask for help from your conselor
- If you are feeling lost, we are here for you!! Set up a meeting with your counselor
- Explore Naviance for Career and College information
The college application process can feel overwhelming. Your Mira Loma counselor will help you each step of the way. Below, you will find presentation and information that will help you apply to college and obtain a letter of recommendation if you need one. Note that the Unviersity of California (UC) and the California State University (CSU) do not require letter of recommendations.
The Mira Loma counseling staff is happy to print an unofficial transcript for you to use as you fill out your college applications. Just stop in between classes and ask. You can also use your transcript in Q if you prefer.
College Application Websites:
- Los Rios Community College Application (American River College, Sacramento City College, Folsom Lake College, Consumnes River College): Community College Application
- California State University Application (23 University Campuses CSU Campus Map): Cal State Apply
- University of California Application (9 University Campuses UC Campus Map): UC Application
- Common Application (900+ Universities worldwide): Common Application
- Common Black College Application (67 Universities): Common Black College Application
College Application Deadlines:
- Los Rios Community Colleges: Opens in Early October- Recommended to apply before Winter Break -No specific deadline
- California State Universities: October 1-November 30 (Check individual campuses for extensions on deadline CSU Dates & Deadlines)
- University of California: Opens August 1- Submit October 1-November 30
- Common Application: Opens August 1- Varies by College
- Common Black College Application: Varies by College